This MacroDataGuide webpage presents a user's guide to data on human rights. It presents an overview of various institutions and research projects websites who collect data on human rights. Furthermore, it provides a qualitative assessment of these sources.
The MacroDataGuide is a user’s guide to researchers and students worldwide in search of high quality data for social science research. It informs not only on which data are out there and where they can be found, but also provides a qualitative assessment of these resources.
MacroDataGuide’s human rights database:
· CIRI Human Rights Project - The CIRI Human Rights Dataset
· Democracy Time-series Data
· Freedom House - Freedom in the World
· Freedom House - Freedom of the Press
· Freedom House - Nations in Transit
· HDR - Human Development Reports
· Minorities at Risk - MAR Data
· PTS - Political Terror Scale
· Quality of Government Datasets (QoG Institute)
· Reporters sans frontières - Worldwide Press Freedom Index